Frequently Asked Questions
• Visit WWW.LAIKA.COM/CAREERS to review our current openings. Acceptable resume formats include: PDF (.pdf) and MS Word (.doc/.docx). If applicable, please include your portfolio URL in the website field of your application.
• We cannot accept unsolicited applications via email or US mail. We can only review applications that have been submitted through our website at WWW.LAIKA.COM/CAREERS. If you do not see available positions that align with your skills, please check back as we regularly update our postings.
• If you choose to create a cover letter (not required), please address it to “Recruiting”.
• LAIKA removes all job listings on the LAIKA Careers Opportunity page once a decision has become finalized. Therefore, all job postings located at WWW.LAIKA.COM/CAREERS are current and up-to-date. Unfortunately, we cannot offer status updates on applications.
• LAIKA does not accept unsolicited audio material/voice talent submissions, or unsolicited scripts/pitches.
• Applications for Summer 2023 Internships are now closed, and we want to thank everyone for applying with us! The deadline to apply was March 31, 2023, and we are unfortunately unable to accept any late applications. Please check back in early Spring 2024 for future internship opportunities.
• LAIKA Internship Programs run for a duration of 12 weeks during the Summer months. However, internships could be delayed to the Fall or potentially cancelled if global circumstances require, such as COVID-19. All internships are hosted in-house, and we do not offer the opportunity to intern remotely.
• Eligible candidates must be currently enrolled as a junior or senior in college or university, or within 1 year of their graduation. We will also accept post-graduate students who are currently enrolled in a relevant program.
• We only offer paid internships, and cannot offer college credit in place of payment. LAIKA does not offer housing assistance for internships. Upon accepting an offer, it is the intern's responsibility to secure housing for the duration of the program.
• Our internship positions will vary each year depending on production needs and scheduling. While we cannot guarantee specific openings each year, previous Summer Internship programs have included:
- Art Fabrication Intern
- Costume Design Intern
- Costume Fabricator Intern
- Camera Intern
- Stop Motion Animation Intern
- CG Animation Intern
- CG Asset Artist Intern
- CG Lighting Intern
- CG Effects Intern
- Storyboard Artist Intern
- Visual Development Intern
You are welcome to apply to as many internship positions that you feel are a match for your skills and experience. Please be sure to read the job description carefully to ensure you meet the minimum qualifications.
• Portfolios are required for internship positions. Due to the volume of materials we receive, we must restrict our recruitment process to only those applicants that have provided us with enough information to make an informed decision. For guidance on what to showcase in your portfolio, please seek direction from your career advisor and/or career center at your current school.
• We do offer internships to international students enrolled at a US college or university that can obtain a visa that allows them to be employed in the US (e.g., OPT). We are unable, however, to sponsor J-1 or other international internship visas.
• Unfortunately, we are not able to accommodate individual tours of the studio or informational interviews.
• While a degree is not required for all roles at LAIKA, there are many schools with programs in art and/or technology that can provide a student with a strong educational foundation. LAIKA employees come from a variety of different schools and programs, including but not limited to:
- RINGLING SCHOOL OF ART AND DESIGN
- RHODE ISLAND SCHOOL OF DESIGN
- SAN JOSE STATE UNIVERSITY
- ACADEMY OF ART UNIVERSITY
- UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
- SAVANNAH COLLEGE OF ART AND DESIGN
- NEW YORK UNIVERSITY
- PACIFIC NORTHWEST COLLEGE OF ART
- BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY
- GOBELINS (FRANCE)
- SHERIDAN COLLEGE (CANADA)
- NATIONAL FILM AND TELEVISION SCHOOL (UK)
- THE ANIMATION WORKSHOP (DENMARK)
- ECOLE DES MÉTIERS DU CINÉMA D'ANIMATION (FRANCE)
* We are unable to provide advice on school selection.
• Unfortunately, our production schedule prevents us from participating in job shadow programs. Additionally, we cannot accommodate unpaid internships or volunteer opportunities. We appreciate your understanding that we are unable to provide this type of hands-on learning experience.
• For international applicants, we encourage anyone interested in full-time career opportunities at LAIKA to familiarize themselves with the required qualifications for the various visas (O-1, TN, H-1B, etc.). If you meet those qualifications, apply directly to our site for positions that match your skill set. For more information regarding work visas, please visit HTTP://WWW.USCIS.GOV/. Please be mindful that if you do not meet these qualifications, your international application cannot be considered. Please take the time to carefully review this information before applying as it will impact your ability to work anywhere in the United States.
If you find that you have a question not addressed in the above FAQ, please contact us through our contact form.
We thank you for your patience while we respond to inquiries.